What is the most expensive part of a bathroom renovation?
Bathroom renovation costs can depend on various factors like:
- Size of the bathroom
- Partial or complete renovation
- Products required – such as if you have a shower, vanity, bath, toilet
- Style and design you choose – cost of the products and extra labour required to install
- Structural changes - for example, new plumbing or electrical connections
How much does a bathroom renovation cost?
A budget bathroom renovation can cost between $5,000- 15,000, mid-range renovations can cost between $15,000 - $25,000. Premium bathroom renovations can cost you more than $30,000.
According to a survey conducted by HIA, the average cost of a bathroom renovation in 2018 for Queensland was $20,190.
What is the most expensive part of a bathroom reno?
Layout changes require plumbing to be relocated, unless there’s a well thought out plan to utilise existing plumbing locations, it can be a very costly exercise. Its best to speak to a professional when designing your bathroom prior to settling on a layout.
Tiles can contribute to a massive chunk of your renovation expenses. The money you spend on tiling will depend on various factors like:
- Tile material - ceramic, porcelain, stone tiles, etc.
- Tile design
- Complexity of the job
- Labour charges
Partial or complete bathroom renovation
Have you decided if you need a partial or complete renovation?
A complete bathroom renovation is required if you have:
- Water damaged flooring or framing
- Issues with walls floors and ceilings that are not straight and level.
Complete renovations are most suited, if you are looking for a new style and redesign, layout changes, removing walls, adding and relocating plumbing and electrical.
A partial renovation may cost less to do, but there is certain requirements as follows:
- Your property must not be older than 1990 or contain asbestos
- Your bathroom can’t be more than 10 years since last renovated
- Must not have Water damaged flooring or framing
- No layout changes
Bathroom accessories, tapware, tiles, vanity, and bathtub are available in a huge range of different styles and levels of quality. The price of these materials and fittings can vary considerably according to the quality and style.
Your bathroom decor can also have a significant impact on the budget. However, they can be tailored to your budget and requirements.
Bathroom renovation for every budget
We can help you with a renovation project that will increase the value of your home. We have various bathroom packages - partial or complete renovation; budget, mid-range and luxury bathroom renovations. Our team can also help you with choosing the right bathroom design, fixtures and materials for the best outcome.
Get in touch with Mastercraft Tiling and Bathroom Renovations at 0435 243 235 or complete our online enquiry form and our friendly staff will contact you soon.
- 10 signs you might need a bathroom renovation
- 3 Common Mistakes with Bathroom Renovations
- 3 crucial questions to ask when planning a renovation
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Renovate Your Bathroom
- Bathroom design options you might not have considered
- Bathroom Renovation Steps
Bathroom renovationsBathroom Renovations Shower Repairs Toilet Renovations Ensuite Renovations Complete Renovations Budget Renovations Renovations Under $10,000 Small Bathroom Renovations Accessible Bathroom Reno Laundry Renovations Renovation Process Renovation Packages Bathroom Product Guide Bathroom Renovation Help Service Areas