How to renovate a bathroom?
Process for renovating bathrooms
Whether you are looking to spruce up your bathroom on a budget or just a cosmetic makeover, renovation can transform your bathroom. But there's a lot more to a renovation project - it includes a lot of planning and a well-executed process to ensure the renovated bathroom is functional and cost-effective.
Read on to learn more about the typical steps involved in the renovation your bathroom, cost, and time taken to complete the project.
How much do bathroom renovations cost?
The cost of your bathroom renovation depends on several factors like:
- Size of the bathroom - whether it is small, en-suite, or a large bathroom.
- Whether you need structural change or not - like adding windows, a bathtub or wall-hung toilets.
- The cost of tiles and cabinetry.
- Electrical work required, i.e. installing lighting fixtures.
- Plumbing work required - moving plumbing can add to costs.
Cost guide for bathroom renovation projects
Wondering how much it would cost to renovate your bathroom? In Australia, the cost of bathroom renovations can range from $5,000 - $30,000+.
- Budget: $5000 - $15,000
- Complete renovation : $15000 - $20000
- Premium renovations - $30,000+
According to the Housing Industry Association, the average cost for bathroom renovations in Queensland is $20,190.
Read more: How much does bathroom renovation cost?
How to renovate a bathroom?
Research and plan the design and layout of your bathroom. There are many free resources like Pinterest, Instagram where you can find inspiration and plan the bathroom of your dreams. Once you have an idea speak to the professionals.
Once you have the design in mind, you can plan things like:
- Plumbing fixtures
- Tiles for walls and floors
- Shower and Bathtub
- Toilets - standard or wall-hung cistern
- Lighting - recessed lighting, mood lighting, etc.
- Is it a Do-it-Yourself project or will you hire bathroom renovators?
If you have decided to hire professionals then the next step would be to find out:
- Who will you need for the job? For a bathroom reno project you will need tradespeople like plumbers, tilers, electricians, painters and carpenters to handle all aspects of the job. You might also need bathroom designers for stunning and luxurious designs.
- How to find bathroom renovation professionals?
- Getting quotes
- Planning the project timeline with your licensed contractors
- Ordering the custom windows and vanities, etc
Now you get to kick start your renovation project and execute the hard work you put in the planning.
The typical steps involved in a renovation project includes the following:
- Asbestos testing and removal
- Electrical and plumbing rough-in/rough out
- Fit Out
- Building clean
Read more : How long does it take to renovate a bathroom?
This is when your project is finished, you can chill out and celebrate!
But before you do that, make sure you have a final walk through of your renovated bathroom. Test all the fixtures, note down anything that might need to be fixed and inform your contractor so they can resolve it. So this is the entire flow of the renovation project.
Bathroom renovations Brisbane
Get started on renovating your bathroom by contacting the best bathroom renovators in Brisbane. Whether it is a small bathroom, budget or complete makeover, we have the right solutions for your needs. Get in touch with Mastercraft Tiling and Bathroom Renovations at 0435 243 235. You can also book an online enquiry form and we will get in touch with you.
- 10 signs you might need a bathroom renovation
- 3 Common Mistakes with Bathroom Renovations
- 3 crucial questions to ask when planning a renovation
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Renovate Your Bathroom
- Bathroom design options you might not have considered
- Bathroom Renovation Steps
Bathroom renovationsBathroom Renovations Shower Repairs Toilet Renovations Ensuite Renovations Complete Renovations Budget Renovations Renovations Under $10,000 Small Bathroom Renovations Accessible Bathroom Reno Laundry Renovations Renovation Process Renovation Packages Bathroom Product Guide Bathroom Renovation Help Service Areas